Saturday, December 31, 2005

I Am Relieved When Things Go Wrong

I am relieved when things go wrong.

I am relieved when things go wrong because it is no longer my responsibility. It is out of my control. What can I do?

Look, the problem is out there in the world. I point at the problem. It is stopping me from doing what I wanted to do. Now I must stay in. Now I can relax. Now there is no stress. Now there is no pressure. I am in my house. Because the world is stopping me from doing what I wanted to do.

read more(Sometimes I find a small problem and I make it into a big problem. I find a healing scab and I pick at it and turn it into a gaping wound.)

Look at my injury! The outside world did this to me. The outside world is constantly stopping me from doing what I wanted to do. Now I must stay in to allow myself to heal. Now I can relax. Now there is no stress. Now there is no worry. Now there is no shame. I am in my house.

(Sometimes I start an argument that I know will lead to a fight.)

Look! I have been attacked. I must deal with this. It has unfortunately made me miss an appointment. But what can I do? Look. I will point at the problem. I was attacked by this man. Of course I must stay in to recover. It is perfectly reasonable for me to do this. Anyone can see that. Who would argue otherwise?

I am spending more and more time in my house. Invitations to leave the house are becoming less and less frequent. This is a good thing.  I am safe in my house. Life is simpler and smoother. I am in my house.

I am in my house.

No comments: